Love Story

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still recovering



I think I am suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder! Okay, maybe more like a slight case of drama queen but nonetheless I am still recovering from yesterday (see yesterday's entry if confused about what I am referring to). The incident itself was really no big deal. The bathroom was back to normal after sopping up all the water and Jordan was no worse for the wear despite getting up close and personal with the Lysol bottle. All in all, it was mild compared to what it could have been. So what's the big hang up? This lingering sense of pain is caused by the place I have allowed my brain to go. Like even though I have always been aware of what my kids could do, I was able to push that out of my mind because it wasn't in the here and now. Then they are kind enough to show me a taste of what they are capable of and I realize all the things I have worried about or never even thought to worry about are possible. They are going to do crazy, god awful things no matter what I do. This was not the part of parenting I was signing up for! I know, I know, it comes with the territory. But that certainly doesn't make me like it.

And to top it off people LOVE to use these kinds of things to remind me, as if I could ever possibly forget, that in a few short months we will be adding a third boy to the mix. Do you not think that as soon as we saw that little penis on the screen we didn't start thinking about all the extra craziness we were in for? But I guess I was mostly envisioning down the road. Teenage stuff. The fact of the matter is that toddler and child stuff is scary too, in a totally different way. And while I fully realize that any combination of children, girls or boys or both, can get into any range of trouble, I think it is a well agreed upon fact that boys come prepackaged with their own unique brand of trouble. The more boys you add to the equation, the greater the possibility that they will give you gray hair, cause you to have a heart attack, or plain land you in the insane asylum.


I guess it is good that I can recognize this now. That my life is going to be one crazy roller coaster ride full of messes, bumps and bruises, close calls and anything and everything in between. Truth be told, I wouldn't change it for the world. I may come out a little worse for wear on the other end of it all, but I am sure I will have some amazing memories and a lifetime of stories that will make it all worth while. I long ago realized that God has a sense of humor and that he has to find ways to entertain himself too...guess he's just gearing up for a real good laugh at my expense!






Lilypie Pregnancy tickers



No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...