Love Story

Monday, August 29, 2011

5 years ago today...

Nathan,

I still remember waking up super early that morning to meet my OB at the hospital to be induced. I was full of anticipation and nerves as the fears of what labor would hold loomed over my head. But mostly I was excited to see your little face and hold you in my arms for the first time. 14 hours later I laid eyes on you and was hooked. They placed you on my chest and you just stared into my eyes and gripped my thumb with your little fingers. I didn't know much but I knew you were mine and that I was head over heels in love. Over the next few hours fear creeped back in when I realized I was taking you home and you were all mine to care for. How scary! It wasn't all easy and I had a lot to learn as a new mom but with a lot of help from daddy and those who loved us we made it.

I love you for all the things that make you who you are. I don't know if it is the first born child in you or the pieces of your personality that come from me but you are Mr. Routine. You love a schedule and you love to know what's coming next. Surprises kind of drive you nuts. But where you are orderly in the everyday stuff you are fearless in everything else. You love the water and I can already tell you are going to be my roller coaster buddy. You are smart. Like crazy smart. And I would love to take credit for that but you are a naturally inquisitive little boy and so much of what you know you learned out of curiosity and asking lots of questions. You are super stoked for school and I know you will do amazingly well. Already writing and reading and counting past 100 but I know you will have so much more to learn. You are an awesome big brother and Jordan and Isaiah are so lucky to have you.

I hope on this day and every other day that you feel loved and special because you are. Dream big my son because I know that whatever you set your mind to you will do. Happy 5th Birthday Nathan!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...