Love Story

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About gave myself a heart attack!

This morning as I was getting ready I about had a heart attack. For those of you who have been following my blog for awhile, I talked about a mouse that we were dealing with about a month ago. After much sneakiness on the mouse's part we did manage to catch it, although he was difficult until the very end. We found him still alive running with the trap attached to one shoulder. Anyway, after that icky ordeal we had hoped we were done dealing with the situation. To be on the cautious side my husband reset traps just in case he had friends we were unaware of. Well, about a week ago I decided we were probably in the clear and asked Jeremy to put the traps away. For whatever reason he hadn't gotten around to it and this Sunday as I was getting ready for church I happened to look in the corner of our bathroom and see a trap flipped over with little mouse limbs sticking out from underneath. I of course deferred to my husband and let him deal with the mess. But I was back to feeling like our house was being invaded by unwelcome guests.

So we come to this morning. As I said, I was getting ready and was in my closet trying to find something to wear when all of a sudden I hear a "SNAP, THUD" from the bathroom and just freeze. I literally felt my heart pounding out of my chest. "Oh no," I thought, "it's another mouse! What if it's still alive? What if it's dead? Jeremy's not home for another 10 hours and I do NOT want to deal with this." So I force myself to walk around the corner and slowly peak my head around the bathroom door. What do I see? The toilet paper roll on the floor. About 5 minutes prior to that I had put a new roll on and must not have got it in all the way. So when it sprung off and hit the floor it sounded much like I had imagined the mousetrap sounding. I literally sighed a breath of relief and then laughed at myself for being such a baby! My husband also got quite a kick out of the story when I talked to him on his lunch break. You would think I was dealing with post-mouse trap stress disorder or something!





Lilypie Pregnancy tickers



1 comment:

  1. Lol! I get a kick out of this one! I would have done the exact same! And mice...*gag* I don't deal well with those critters AT ALL either!

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...