Love Story

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What we had for dinner

I want to try to start sharing some of my favorite recipes that I cook for my family. I am always trying out new recipes and love when people share what they are cooking for their own families so I thought it might be helpful for others if I pass along some of what I cook as well:) This first recipe is for Tuna Noodle Casserole that I probably make every month or so. I found it when I was doing Weight Watchers and it is by far my favorite version of this recipe. Enjoy~~

TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
*12 oz uncooked noodles (I prefer whole wheat shells)
*12 oz water packed tuna, drained
*2 c button mushrooms, sliced
*1/2 c to 1 c of chopped onion (red is good for a little extra bite)
*1 c frozen peas, thawed
*16 oz FF sour cream
*1/2 c FF mayo
*2 tsp Dijon mustard
*1 tsp dried thyme
*1/4 tsp pepper
*1/2 c shredded RF cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package, drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Fold in tuna, mushrooms, onion and peas.
3. Whisk sour cream, mayo, mustard and seasonings together in a separate bowl. Fold into the noodle mixture.
4. Transfer to a 4-quart casserole dish, top with cheese.
5. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.

**For those of you watching your weight, 1 cup of this is 320 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...