Love Story

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Be the tree

Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. - Matthew 7:20

Oh how I long to be the tree God has called me to be...roots firmly planted with a solid foundation of rich soil. Branches full of luscious, ripe fruit so abundant that they should be weighed down but somehow they remain unbending. I want to be a tree that doesn't stand alone but instead is found right in the middle of an orchard, surrounded by other trees, some just beginning to sprout up out of the ground and others bigger and more fruitful than myself.

Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. - Matthew 12:33

I want my fruit to be so ripe and colorful that even when someone is viewing it from far away it is immediately recognizable to the eye. No bruises, no soft spots, no worms - just perfect fruit.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. - John 15:4

Of course not just ANY orchardist will do when it comes to caring for my tree...I want the original creator of all of nature Himself to be my caretaker. Pruning, watering, fertilizing, taking my fruit off in its moment of perfect ripeness to share with others in a timing only He can determine. I want the One who never leaves, knew me before I was created, has plans for me to prosper, loves me unconditionally.


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. - Galatians 5:22

I want my tree to grow not just one kind of fruit but many kinds of fruits. No one fruit compromised by the presence of the other, but instead each variety of fruit would make the others look and taste even better than had they been simply grown on their own. The integrity of my tree would become stronger with each new piece of fruit it bore.

Oh to be the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...