Love Story

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Me Time

One of the things that I have enjoyed about Jeremy working nights has been the alone time I have gotten. Very strange at first, as it has been a couple years since I had several hours to myself several days in a row. But after the initial weirdness and wondering what to do with myself, it was quite refreshing. I have been able to allocate my time without thinking of anyone else's thoughts and needs. Not that I ended up doing anything too exciting, mostly watching girly movies and knitting (no really, I am only 27!) but it was nice because it was all mine. I don't think this is something that happens just to moms either. I think most women find themselves at a place where other people or other responsibilities come before their own wants and needs. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, however, without balance that can drive a person crazy. I think it is unhealthy to be completely self-serving but it is also unhealthy to give only to others and never take a little time for yourselvf. What good are you to everyone else if you are burnt out, stressed out, and for some resentful because of it? So next week when night shifts come around again, a part of me will groan because I will miss my husband in bed with me at night and all the help he provides with the kids. But another part of me will celebrate my very rare chance for some me time:)




1 comment:

  1. "Me" time is very important and I am still trying to allow myself that without feeling guilty. It is so true, if you take care of yourself and do things that bring you joy, you are more able to give joy to others. When you are running on empty (easy to do with small children), it is very important to re-fill your tank! Good message. I love how you write.

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...