Love Story

Sunday, July 19, 2009

How appropriate!


All you moms out there (or anyone who spends their day around children or adults who act like children) will be able to relate to this. You know when it has just been one of those days and by the end of it you feel like the screaming banshee woman? That was me today. Jeremy is working nights this weekend and it has been draining. Granted he has worked 12 hour shifts since we had the kids and I stay home with them so I am used to going it alone most the day. But the kids are all wound up and confused about the change in schedule and it is all me for every meal, naptime and bedtime. Needless to say it led to some chaos today. Mostly in the form of my tiredness mixing poorly with the kids' craziness. By the end of it all I was counting down until their bedtime, and I think they were too! And when it gets like that I for some reason always am reminded of a banshee. So I decided to look up what exactly a banshee is (yeah, I'm a mega dork:) and I thought that I have been describing myself quite accurately. Here is the definition I found: A female spirit in Gaelic folklore believed to presage, by wailing, a death in a family. When I get to that level of overloaded, my yelling very well is a warning for all around that someone is going to die soon if things don't change!! Thank goodness that each day is only 24 hours and that if we are lucky, we get the chance to start over in the morning. I think I will enjoy my quite and my coffee and try to calm myself back down from totally crazy to just semi-crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...