Love Story

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Peaches N Cream Crockpot Oatmeal

A few weeks ago my cousin posted a recipe for oatmeal in the Crock Pot that she was raving about. So I decided to give it a shot. Something I can throw in a pot the night before and have waiting for us at breakfast time the next morning? SOLD!! After trying and loving it the plain way (seriously this is creamy good oatmeal) I decided to spice it up for dinner tonight and make a peaches and cream version. It turned out sweet and delicious and makes me excited to try some other variations.

PEACHES N CREAM CROCK POT OATMEAL

Ingredients:
* 4 cups old fashioned oatmeal, separated
* 9 cups water
* 1/3 cup vanilla creamer
* 1 large peach, diced (could use canned peaches as well)
* brown sugar for topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine 3 cups oatmeal with 9 cups water in a 5 to 6 quart Crock Pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
2. After 7 1/2 hours stir oatmeal and add in additional cup of oatmeal, peaches and creamer. Stir. Top with brown sugar if desired.
3. Replace lid and let cook for another 20 to 30 minutes. I usually turn down the heat to warm at this time as well.
4. Serve and enjoy!

This makes quite a bit of oatmeal but I only have the large crockpot right now so this is the amount I make in it. It could easily be cut in half or third for a smaller crockpot. I also find it nice to have the leftovers. We keep it in the fridge and then reheat it in the microwave, adding milk to reconstitute the oatmeal. I am thinking of trying apples and cinnamon as well as bananas with walnuts and caramel. Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...