Love Story

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Proud mommy moment

I just had to take a moment to reflect on this past week with Nathan. The day after he turned 3 he got moved up to the next class at church. He now has "homework" that is optional but gives you stuff to discuss at home, activities for him to do that revolve around that discussion and a bible verse to memorize. I can't really put into words how neat it was spending the week talking to him about how we are kind to those who are unkind because Jesus loves them so we need to also. He had to draw a picture about how he would be kind to someone who was unkind and he responded, "I would hug and kiss them." Still makes me giggle because it's so cute:) I wasn't sure how he would do with memorizing a Bible verse but he has always been great at picking up songs really quick as well as things he sees on tv so he got it really fast. We did hand motions with it to make it more memorable and even Jordan does those along with us now! So Nathan has officially memorized his first Bible verse and I couldn't be more proud.

1 John 4:19 ~ We love, because God loved us first.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...