Last night I had big plans to hit up Albertsons, Walgreens, Safeway AND Target but the family came along with me so we only made it to the first 3 (3 small boys get VERY bored when mommy is on a coupon run!). That worked out fine, I got a lot of great stuff and got to spend time with my family at the same time.
First we hit up Walgreens where I did two separate transactions.
- 2 Playtex 36 count boxes were on sale for $6.99 each plus I had 2 $1/1 coupons.
- 4 Wet Ones wipes were on sale for $1.99 each plus I had 2 $1/2 coupons.
- Banana Boat was supposed to be on sale for $7.99 and I had a $1/1 coupon...at my store everything was mislabeled and I had the hardest time finding the right size for the promotion so I ended up with a bottle that was $10.49. So I spent more than I wanted on that one...but it happens, right?
- Tone Body Wash was on sale for $3.99 and earned me $3 Register Rewards.
- Pure Silk Shave Cream was on sale for $1.99 and earned me $1.50 Register Rewards.
TOTAL= $36.75. Saved=$13.00 and got back $14.50 in Register Rewards.
Walgreens Transaction #2:
- Carefree 20 count pads were $.99 with Walgreens ad coupon and I had a coupon for a free Carefree product that was $1.00 or less (making that FREE)
- Q-tips were $1.69 after Walgreens ad coupon and an insert coupon I had.
- Schick Hydro Razor and refills were B1G1 free. They cost $8.99 each and I had 2 $1/1 coupons making the final cost for both $6.99.
- Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs were B1G1 free. They cost $2.99 each and I had 2 $2/2 coupons. My Walgreens only had 2 packages of hot dogs left so I got both for a total of $.99.
After using $13.00 in Register Rewards from my first transaction (couldn't use the $1.50 because my remaining total was less that minus tax) my TOTAL=$3.09. I saved $31.73 which is 85%!!
(Both transactions together were a savings of 53%. I think so often people show their best deals but not what they had to do to get there. I had to spend more in that first transaction to do so well in the second. Keep that in mind when you are trying to compare your own deals to what others are doing.)
I also wanted to show you the coupon books I was able to get while at Walgreens. The one with over $310 in savings was right at the front of the store and the Answers one was in the Vitamin aisle.
On to Albertsons:
- Oscar Mayer Lunchables are on sale for a $1.00 each. There are $1 off coupons out there making these free but I only had the kinds that emphasized the fruit cup so I couldn't use them. I still bought 4 for $4.00 to have on hand for snacks.
- 2 Stouffers Farmers Harvest Frozen Meals were on sale for $2.27 each. I had 2 $1/1 coupons and used an Albertsons doubler coupon making them $.77 each!
TOTAL=$5.54. I saved $27.43 which is 83%!! And I got 5 game pieces for their new giveaway game.
- I only went back to Safeway to try to get some Viva paper towels (6 pack with store coupon is $4.99 plus I had 2 $1/1 coupons and there is supposed to be a $4 Catalina that prints at check out). They were still out of stock so I got a raincheck for 2.
They also had these for free at the registers. It is a Special K Challenge sneak peek book with 3 coupons and 10 healthy recipes. There is also a rebate inside if you are wanting to buy the full size book:
Phew...did you make it through all of that? I hope you guys find this helpful. I know there are lots of blogs that post the deals you CAN get but I wanted to share what I am actually getting. This weekend I made to 2 trips each to Safeway and Albertsons plus one trip to Walgreens for a total of 5 transactions. I have spent $126.94 and saved $155.11 which is 55%. Not bad!