Love Story

Monday, August 17, 2009

The mother of 2 sons...


Having been a stay at home mom since my boys were born, I have always spent a ton of time with them. I know their language when no one else understands it and can anticipate most wants long before they enter even the boys' minds. But since Jeremy has been working some nights I have had to spend even longer days with them. I have to be honest, at first this did not thrill me. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death but a 1 and 2 year old for 12 hours is trying enough some days. Now I have to add dinner, bath and bedtime all by myself. So at the end of the first week of this I was pretty frayed and frazzled. But I realized that just like when I first started taking care of them all day when they were first born, this will only get easier. We will fall into a routine and while it will have it's rough moments, it will continue to get better. Part of that involves me choosing to not let stuff get to me. I can be pretty crabby by the time their bedtime roles around which is around the time they get that last burst of energy. It takes a conscious effort to keep my cool at that time of day. So tonight I just decided, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I got down on the floor and wrestled and tickled till they were worn it. And I actually really enjoyed myself:) I found myself thinking, "This is what I imagined when I thought of what kind of mother I would be." Their peels of constant laughter tells me they enjoyed themselves too. Now daddy is normally the wrestling buddy but when they go a couple of days without getting much time with him, I think I can take on that role. When I thought of being a mother I always dreamed of having a little girl, someone to shop with and dress up and do quiet things with. When I became the mother of two boys I was given noisy, dirty, barely dressed at any given moment, keep you on your toes blessings that I wouldn't trade for the world. May not have been what I pictured but God knew so much better than I did!


"Boys are God's way of telling you that your house is too neat!"-- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...