Love Story

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just one of those weeks

It has just been one of those weeks. I am STILL battling that darn cold I got from the boys. It is frustrating because I have really been wanting to get back into my exercise routine after slacking for a few weeks but not being able to breath makes it a little difficult. Plus the kids are still hanging on to their colds enough that I don't want to take them much of anywhere. So all of us stuck in the house just gets crazy after too long. Luckily, Jeremy's parents took them overnight this weekend and we were able to have an amazing time together. We went out to sushi (my favorite and a definite no go with the kids!) and finished up birthday shopping for Nathan. Jeremy took me to this chocolate place I have been dying to go to and that was fabulous as well. We slept in til 9:30 which may as well be the afternoon for me because I rarely sleep much past 7:00 with the kids here. We went to church, out to lunch and a movie before we got the kids again. A much needed break that has definitely recharged me in that area. I must say I did find myself preoccupied most the weekend after hearing tragic news that my sister had lost her baby at 34 and 1/2 weeks. Just such a hard thing to process. I feel so deeply for their family and all that they must be going through right now. And I feel pretty worthless because there isn't really anything I can do. Well, that's not entirely true. I have been praying like crazy for them and I guess that is one of the best things I can do. But doesn't always feel like much. So anyway, it has just been one of those exhausting weeks. Not all bad, but enough to make me ready to move on to a new week! Praying for healing of the sickness in our house, healing for broken-hearted family members, praying for more chances to spend alone time with my husband. Praying for my parents as they deal with my grandma while trying to continue their missionary work in Mexico. Good thing God is such a good listener, my list feels long right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...