It's 5 Minute Fridays at The Gypsy Mama again. Friday's are quickly becoming one of my favorite blogging days. I don't have to think, I don't have to spend a lot of time. Someone tells me what to write, I set the timer and then let it all out. I guess I partly like it because it is easy. But even more so, because it forces me to let go and to just be me. To be okay with whatever comes out. That feels good!
Anyway, back to the task at hand. Today's topic "If you met me...."
If you met me...
- You would think that you are seeing someone who hasn't put herself first in awhile and you would be right.
- You wouldn't know that I am silly and witty and like to have fun...probably not the first time we meet anyways. That's because I can be shy at first. But if you kept coming around you would know that I let go!
- You would see that not everything is perfect. And that sometimes that makes me insecure. But that mostly I am learning to let go and be happy with what I have and what I am capable of.
- I would hope that you can tell right away that I have a heart for others. That if you were to ask me for something or mention a need, that no matter how long we had known each other I would give it to you if I could.
- It would quickly become obvious that I am a mom of 3 boys. Whether it is because they are with me, one attached at the hip and the other two running circles around me or because I can't help but bring them up in every conversation. And then when you learned their ages you would shake your head and tell me that I have my hands full. At least that's what most people do.
- You might notice my deep brown eyes. The ones that came from my mom and dad and that I have passed down to two of my three boys. The eyes that I used to wish and pray would magically turn blue. But upen the realization that they really are one of my best features and that blue eyes or brown really holds no weight in who I am, I have learned to love them just the way they are.
Want to join in? Head on over and link up!