Love Story

Friday, March 4, 2011

Butter Chicken and Lemon Garlic Broccoli

As promised, I am going to cook my my through our 40 lbs of chicken using recipes from The Pioneer Woman. Now technically this first recipe isn't from Ree Drummond herself but it is on her cooking blog, Tasty Kitchen so I think it counts (and really, who is going to argue with me?).


Butter Chicken caught my eye because well, it had the word butter in it! But actually there is very little butter and instead it is an Indian recipe. Here is the recipe as the author wrote it. I will say that while this was delicious, I would make some serious alterations to the recipe myself. Everything involving the chicken was great. Great flavor and easy to throw together the night before. And the sauce tasted good but there was such an overabundance of it that I would change the proportions next time. My suggestion is to omit the can of tomato sauce all together and use about a cup of cream. I am guessing this would be a more accurate sauce to chicken ratio.

If you are a rule follower, like myself, and must follow the recipe as written the first time through I can offer a tasty solution to the excess sauce problem. We refrigerated the sauce and the next day for lunch tossed it with a box of cooked penne pasta and then topped with cheese and baked at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. So good!

All in all I would give this recipe a positive review as it was really delicious and I was able to make use of the extra. After serving this atop a bed of brown rice I quickly steamed up some broccoli which I tossed in butter, garlic and a splash of fresh lemon juice. Definitely a flavorful and filling meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...