Love Story

Friday, March 18, 2011

Waiting...

Taking part in my first 5 minute Friday over at The Gypsy Mama. This is the place where once a week we take the chance to just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not. For five minutes flat. Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect. 


This week's topic is waiting. So here we go....

It seems that from a very young age we are forced to wait. Starting with our parents telling us, "Wait until your older," or "Wait until I'm done!" This continues into our teenage years when we are waiting for that cute boy to ask us to the dance or the college of our dreams to send an acceptance letter. As an adult we anxiously await our wedding date, due date of our baby, that call saying we got the job.

It is no wonder most people have grown to hate waiting. It is often seen as a bad thing. But as I have gotten older I have come to realize that there is a reason that we spend so much time waiting. It is what we do with our self during that time that defines who we are and how we are going to fare in life. Do we get impatient, try to rush things along and make them happen in our own time? Or do we practice patience, busying our self and learning what we can from the process? I think the answer to this depends on where you are in life. Age, wisdom, situation and faith all play a role.

BEEEP. Yup, time's up. I never thought 5 minutes could go by so fast!! It really makes me realize how long winded I am as I have at least two more paragraphs rolling around in my head. Anyway, this was a fun exercise. If you would like to give it a go you should hop on over to The Gypsy Mama and link up with the others who have taken 5 minutes to write about waiting.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many factors to determine how we wait. I'm sometimes quite thankful we get more opportunities to do it better . . . sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from Gypsy Mama, yeah the 5 minutes went super fast {today was my first time too}, but you managed much deeper thoughts than I did. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...