Love Story

Thursday, February 18, 2010

What we had for dinner

We intended on making this recipe when we had friends over last week but at the last minute realized we didn't have enough ribs. So tonight we are enjoying this yummy meal all to ourselves!! I am not usually a huge rib fan but I love that they can be done in the crockpot and that they are falling off the bone by the time they are done. Any leftovers are great shredded up and made into tacos the next day.

Mexican-Style Ribs

Ingredients:
*3-4 lbs beef short ribs
*10 1/2 oz can beef broth (I try to get low sodium since the taco seasoning is high in sodium)
*1 pkg taco seasoning
*1/4 c chopped green pepper

Directions:
1. In a large frying pan, brown the ribs.



2. Mix beef broth, taco seasoning and green pepper together in a small bowl.



3. Place ribs in crockpot, pour sauce over them. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

When they start out:

When they are finished:
 


*Trust me, the picture doesn't do them justice!



2 comments:

  1. This is on my list for dinners I just planned-going grocery shopping this evening! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to tell me what you think:)

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...