Love Story

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Flair - Week 2

This week's Friday Flair makes me laugh a little bit. It looks more like something that should be appearing in 2 months, don't you think? I happened to have a very large turkey taking up space that I wanted freed up in my extra freezer so last night I cooked up a turkey dinner with all the fixings that much resembled a November holiday we all love. The boys gobbled it up (get it, gobbled? Ha! I crack myself up) and were begging for pieces of it in their lunch so I put together these little mini-Thanksgiving looking lunches for this Friday Flair.

 I once again used THESE free printable lunchbox notes from Skip to My Lou, mostly because I had the leftovers from last week still on hand and it was the easy thing to do! Once again, used a little tape and a toothpick to make them into mini-signs and called it good.

I almost feel guilty classifying a lunch that took almost no effort as a Friday Flair post. But then I realized how stupid that was! Why do we moms always do that to ourselves? Pile on the guilt for the little, often meaningless things. So silly! Besides, that is the whole point of these posts. To prove that it doesn't take a lot of extra effort and time to do something special. It's all about the little things. I am going to keep saying that until it sinks in and the guilt no longer creeps in. IT'S.ALL.ABOUT.THE.LITTLE.THINGS!! Phew, that feels better.

 Let's break it down:
Nathan's Lunch: Crock pot bread with pesto, turkey, candy corn treat, cucumbers, stuffing

Jordan's Lunch: Mashed potatoes, corn, crock pot bread, turkey, candy corn treat
Here's a link to the crock pot bread by The Quiet that I tried out this week that tasted just like rolls (but so much easier!): http://inquietmemory.blogspot.ca/2012/01/crock-pot-bread.html

Until next week! If you missed last week's post, you can check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...