Love Story

Sunday, August 15, 2010

That kind of dad

I am one of the lucky ones. I ended up with a man who not only is an amazing husband, but is also an incredible father. The kind of dad that the boys will brag about one day when they realize how truly lucky they are. The kind of dad that I was blessed enough to have and that I hope my sons turn out to be. Really it is the seemingly small things that make a great dad. Yesterday for instance; Jeremy had been up 24 hours because of night shift and came home to get 5 hours of sleep but asked to be woken up so he could take us to Kids Day (something the boys had been BEGGING us to go to for 2 weeks). He was tired and would have been justified in sleeping in, but knew it was important to his sons and chose to sacrifice for them. There is no way they are able to comprehend what he did for them, but one day they will know. I know. And it fills me up with such great joy.


I made sure to tell him in the simplest text while he was at work last night. He responded in typical man fashion with a brief "Thanks," but I knew it really meant something when I woke up this morning to a box of doughnuts with a note attached saying how much that text had made his night. I am so glad I followed my heart and spoke out loud what I was thinking. It seems so often it is much easier to tell him the things I don't like or the areas that he could do better but those times when he really shines just pass by with nothing said. This is my attempt to spend more time focusing on the good. Realizing what I am so lucky to have. Love you babe!!

 




 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1 comment:

  1. A great Dad is such a blessing indeed!! Those boys will definitely know it, especially when they meet a friend with a not-so-great Dad.

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...