Love Story

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

5 weeks

5 weeks from now we will be meeting our little man. That is if all goes according to plan, which we all know with babies is a toss up! As of right now I am scheduled to be induced two weeks early because of my high blood pressure so unless he decides to make his own entrance before then, we are counting on 5 weeks. The question that I have begun to hear almost daily is, "You must be so ready to be done!"  I don't know if it is because this is my third child or because it most likely is my last pregnancy, but I am actually perfectly content right where I am. I truly enjoy pregnancy and am in no rush to have it over with. I love feeling him rolling around in there and bumping around. I guess part of it is selfish...right now he is all mine and this is the only time I will have him all to myself. It is a special bond that I cherish and am not ready to give up. I will admit that all of my motives for staying pregnant as long as possible aren't as sweet as all of that. Having already had two other children I know what's coming once he arrives and I am in no hurry to lose sleep and be strapped to a completely dependent little person 24 hours a day. Right now I still have total control over him, and those who know me know I love control!

Having said all that, there are plenty of things that I am looking forward to. I can't wait to see his little face. I am so curious to see if he will resemble one or both of his brothers or be his own completely unique looking person. I am already dreaming of that wonderful baby smell and snuggling a sleepy baby on my chest. I can't wait to see him and Jeremy taking naps in the recliner. There is something so beautiful about watching daddy and baby together. Introducing him to his brothers is another thing I am looking forward to. I am waiting for the look on their faces not only the first time they meet him but when we bring him home and they realize he is staying forever. In my mind I am already fast forwarding 2 years and seeing them all playing and wrestling and laughing together. Its a great thing, I can't wait to live it!

Soon our family of 4 will become 5. This mother of 2 boys will be the mother of 3 boys. Life is going to get hectic...that crazy hectic that comes when life as you knew it before changes and will never go back to what it was. I am soaking up these last few weeks of what we have and getting ready for whatever is in store in our new life. I see bigger piles of laundry, more dishes in the sink, having to leave even earlier if we want to attempt to make it anywhere on time. Mixed in that is a lot of giggles, hugs, tickle fests, wrestling matches and dirty little faces. This is not the life that I would have wrote out on paper 10 years ago. It is so much better than anything I could have come up with.

5 comments:

  1. So exciting Chrystal! I am feeling the same way! Granted I have 18 weeks to go, but still. It is going by way too quickly and I know what is to come (or at least I like to think so). Good luck in the weeks to come and keep cherishing the sweet moments. As we both know, it goes by WAY too quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I know I'm so done with kids, but for a day I would love to be pregnant again, just to feel that tiny bundle moving around inside of me...so special! I can't wait till you have that little one....you'll post pics I hope?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Bonnie, sometimes I think I really love pregnancy more then the end result. That sounds worse then it is...but you know what I mean? I think even when more children are no longer tempting I will still love the thought of being pregnant. And yes, definitely will be posting pictures:) You all better be prepared to be sick to death of baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took the words straight from my head! SERIOUSLY! The whole darn post! I want to keep her all to myself. (at least I will still be the only one with the boobs!! LOL!) Knowing that this IS my last baby has me cherishing every last roll, jab and kick. With 10 weeks until due date, I am content as well. Yes, uncomfortable a lot of the time but....as a soon to be mom of 4, I'm afraid, I'm VERY afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I totally know what you mean! I wish I could go back with Becca and cherish it more.

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...