Love Story

Monday, November 4, 2013

Apple Bacon White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in the kitchen the other day browsing what I had on hand and call me crazy but somewhere between the baking cupboard and the fridge I had the idea for these cookies - Green Apple Candied Bacon White Chocolate Chip to be exact. I know what you are thinking. My husband kind of gave me that look when I told him what my idea. But trust me, it works!

Want to go with me on this adventure? Here's what you are going to need:
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup flour
4 pieces candied bacon, chopped *(see below for instructions)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 grated green apple (squeeze out any excess liquid)
I used my KitchenAid to cream the butter then while still blending added in the sugars, then the salt and vanilla, then the eggs and baking soda. Finally,I mixed in the flour until all incorporated.

Once you have that done, stir in the bacon, white chocolate chips and grated apple.

Place by the scant tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and pop into a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Let sit for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before transferring to a baking rack to cool.





*How to candy the bacon:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and then place a wire rack on top of it. Place the individual bacon strips onto the wire rack and then top with brown sugar. Pop in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired crispiness. Seriously....this is to die for and I dare you not to eat it all up before it makes it's way into the cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...