Love Story

Friday, December 7, 2012

Meet the Gundersons

I want to introduce you to a dear friend of mine, Jessie Gunderson, who has been on quite a journey this past year. I'll let her tell you more about it in her own words:

I’ll Never Get my Life Back

I’ve never thought of myself as the mothering type. The delight I experienced once I started having kids surprised me but I still longed for a day when they’d be grown up and I’d get my life back. 


One day I was thinking about God’s profound love for us and how Jesus gave up his life so we could live and I began to change. I realized I couldn’t love God and despise His creation. I prayed for Jesus to show me how to love people.  

I’ve been a mother eleven years this December, learning how to love, surrender my agenda and the 
perfectionist tendencies, and grow to a place where I no longer want a different life. Isaiah 58:10 says to spend yourself. And as I studied God’s selfless character, I realized that’s how I want to be. 

I delivered a little boy, my fifth child, at our home in the woods and I knew that our family wasn’t complete. God revealed over the next year and a half, His plan for further growing our family to include internationally adopted children. We’re currently in the process of adopting a 5 and 7 year old brother and sister from Ethiopia. She wants to be a judge when she grows up and he wants to be a runner. The journey toward them is immense and the heart change has taken me a lifetime but I no longer want out. I want to surrender to Christ’s strength and lean on him so I can spend myself loving the least of these. 
How cute are they?
It has been pretty awesome to watch this family fully surrender to something they feel God is calling them to do and to trust Him despite how impossible the end goal seems. They are working diligently to bring their two missing kiddos home where they belong. 

You too can be a part of their amazing story. First and foremost, they need prayer. The enemy continues to put up roadblocks but they are trusting that nothing will get in the way if this is God's plan for their family. The second step you can take is to check out their online store (http://jessiegunderson.com/?page_id=3638). They are currently $5000 short of the next goal which they would like to reach by the end of December and every penny of what they sell goes towards adoption fees.

If you want to know more you can find Jessie in her muddy boots at JessieGunderson.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/JessieGundersonAuthor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...