Love Story

Monday, July 5, 2010

6 weeks old already

 6 weeks ago today at about this time I was giving birth to Isaiah. In some ways it is so hard to believe that all that time has passed. In other ways, it seems like he has been here forever. He is such a great addition to our family and we are so blessed to have him. He started smiling and cooing in the last week or two...my favorite first. I just love seeing that little face light up and listening to him try to communicate using those beautiful infant sounds. The boys get a huge kick out of listening to him "talk" and try to guess what he is telling us. He is lifting his head when on our shoulders (and then flinging it violently into us...painful for all with that giant head of his!). He is not a fan of tummy time but loves laying on the floor as brothers usually join him. He truly adores his brothers and is instantly mesmerized whenever they are in view. So far they still haven't gotten sick of him and there hasn't been much jealousy. All in all, he is an easy baby. I don't know if it is because this is our 3rd time around or if he just has a more laid back personality. I think it's a little bit of both. He has days where he is clingy and I feel like I can get nothing done which can be maddening but then I remember that this time is so short and soon he will be a big monkey like the other two so I just try to soak it all in. I find myself holding him and just taking in his smell and the feel of him snuggled into my chest. I think with my first two I didn't take the time to enjoy it like I should. I let the hard stuff overwhelm me and I was often looking forward to the next stage. Having been there and had a break in between babies, I am now better able to enjoy the moment (okay, not good at this yet, but BETTER).

Here are some of the many faces of Isaiah...such a silly guy already:




























Okay, the last one is slightly creepy...but the smile has been hard to capture so far so we take what we can get. Open mouth, no teeth, pointy turtle tongue pictures and all!







 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1 comment:

  1. He's already getting so big! Time flies, doesn't it?! Keep soaking that baby in! <3

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...