Love Story

Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's beginning to look alot like....cold season!

I love this time of year for so many reasons. Holidays, decorations, family gatherings, Christmas music. But there is one thing that I absolutely despise about this time of year. Yes, this even beats out snow on my list. It's cold and flu season. This has become a dreaded topic for me. These feelings mostly revolve around my experience last year with our youngest. Jordan had a cold every 3 to 4 weeks until March when he was hospitalized with pneumonia and RSV. It was such a trying time. Watching my little one suffer and feeling helpless to do anything about it. It seemed that whatever precaution I took held no baring on whether or not he'd get sick. I must say since that hospitalization he has been relatively healthy. But as his first cold of the winter season hit, it is bringing back all of those bad feelings. Not only worry that it will turn into something bigger, but a reminder of what he is like when he is sick. His sleep is very disrupted, which in turn means my sleep is very disrupted. He stops eating as much. This combination of tired, hungry, and miserable creates the crankiest whiniest little person ever. A few days in and I stop feeling sorry for him and start wanting to ring his neck. That is so horrible to say, but true. At this point I am just trying to do my best to weather this current storm. And praying that we will have a long break before the next sickness makes its round in our household. Ah, the smell of Lysol is filling the air!



Lilypie Pregnancy tickers



No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...