Love Story

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1 + 1 = 6


That's right...to our surprise we will be adding a sixth and final member to our family! While this wasn't our plan, we know that God's plan is so much better than our own and trust in his timing and provision for this new little one. Big families are fun, right?

Here's how we announced to our friends and extended family:



Isn't this is going to make an adorable first picture for the baby book? And the process itself was quite memorable...it's not easy getting 3 little people to sit still. After lots of laughs, a few tears, some bribes and about 10 outtakes, it all came together. Precious:)

I had been dying to tell the kids from the very beginning....the night before we found out Nathan asked when I was going to get another baby in my tummy so I knew he would be excited. We waited until everything looked good at my first OB appointment and then gathered them up to tell them the good news. Want to see their reactions?



Again, such a great moment to have captured and I can't wait to show their future brother or sister just how loved they were from the beginning. And I can remind the newest addition how lucky they are that I didn't give big brothers free reign on picking a name! This morning Nathan said breakfast prayer and sweetly said, "Thank you God for putting a new baby in mommy's tummy and letting it come close to my birthday." How could I not be excited about a new little one when the ones I already have are so amazing?

For those of you who are wondering....yes, we would love a girl but honestly, a boy would probably just be easier. We already have this boy thing down and all the stuff to go with it. But ultimately, I trust whatever God has in store. He sure has planned my family better than I ever could have! Not everyone is so neutral about this subject though. Nathan is hoping God picks a sister for our family because as he puts it, "we don't have one of those!" Can't argue with that logic!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Chrystal! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennie!! You must be getting pretty close to the arrival of your fourth, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty close ~6 weeks to go. March 6th is my due date. I'd be okay with a leap year baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! That's so exciting! Love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your news! Congratulations :) The boys' reaction is just priceless. Love the excitement when he came up with the name "Wolfie" :)

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...