Love Story

Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Whole Wheat Graham Crackers

In the midst of all the crazy holiday food I thought I would take a minute to share a recipe I recently stumbled upon that you will actually feel good about giving your kids. While my effort to move away from prepackaged snacks and try to prepare more at home has taken a back seat to the holidays, I know that this will be a habit I resume when the craziness subsides. My newest discovery is homemade graham crackers. These were really easy and turned out quite delicious. And you can vary them if you prefer chocolate.

Here is the recipe I followed. I replaced the sucanat with brown sugar, making these all ingredients I had on hand. Some suggestions based on my experience:
*If you like these thick, stick to this recipe. If you want to stretch the recipe or prefer thinner graham crackers, split the dough between two cookie sheets instead of one.
*The longer you leave them in the oven after turning it off the harder they will get so keep an eye on them and take them out based on your preference.

This is what my dough looked like before hand (no pictures after cooking but they look like the original posters):


My kids have been eating them up, so they get my seal of approval:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...