Love Story

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wipe Off Weekly Menu Board

 As I was reading through some of my favorite blogs this week, I came across a link to this wipe off weekly menu board and knew it was just right for me. I love, love, love (did I mention love?) being crafty but it has taken a backseat since my free time is pretty much non-existent with an infant in the house. But my nights are slowly becoming my time again and I am ready to start spending them doing something more productive then watching our latest Netflix movie and snacking on whatever I can get my hands on. To ease myself in I picked this super easy project that I happened to have all the materials on hand for and that I knew could be accomplished in a short amount of time. Not to mention that I menu plan every week anyway and this cute board sure beats my crumpled piece of computer paper hanging on the fridge!

What you'll need:
*Picture frame with glass front (whatever size fits your kitchen space, I used an 8x10 but I think a 12x12 would be even better)
*Patterned scrapbook paper, cut to fit your frame if necessary
*Dry erase marker
*Vinyl letters, cut out letters or stickers (optional as you could hand write them also)

Directions:
1. If using lettering on your scrapbook paper, do this first. My Cricut would have worked great for this but it was late and I didn't want to haul it out so I used my hand held cartridge letter punch. These letters turned out to be the right size for my frame. (Ignore the crookedness of the letters, it was midnight and somewhat dark in my house when I finished this...the beauty of it is I can always redo it later!). Place the finished paper inside your frame like you would a picture:


2. Use a dry erase marker to fill in your menu (again please ignore the sloppy handwriting, I was trying to finish but should have taken my time for a prettier picture):


3. Hang it where it you'll see it and use it most!



I am absolutely in love with this project because it is simple and because it takes something that I have to do every week and makes it a prettier part of my kitchen. I think this would also make an awesome gift for the meal planner in your life! It is versatile too...you could make a weekly chore list for your kids or a to do list for yourself. I know I have tons of extra frames sitting around that are dying to be put to good use.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo! Love this!! This is such a cute and simple idea... much better than the back of my grocery list like I used this past week. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a prettier way to do what I do on a white dry erase board that hangs on the fridge! I just write my meals out to choose from because I often forget what I had planned when making the grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! I need all the help I can get in the kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making the bamboo utensil holder andthe menu frae what a wonderful gift for a houe warming or wedding and throw in a couple of my croched pot holders and dishclothes I'm thinking the perfect gift basket you have sch wonderful ideas Girlfriend I had no clue what you were hiding you are very taltented

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...