Love Story

Friday, July 17, 2009

Timing

God's perfect timing never ceases to amaze me. I don't know why, He has never failed to come though with his promise to see us through and it is plain to me that everything happens for a reason. But nonetheless, I find myself amazed. Jeremy started his rotating shift which puts him on night shift for the next 4 nights. He worked nights all through the beginning of our marriage and it was horrible. Mostly draining on him and my selfishness and lack of empathy didn't help. Yet this time around as we go back to working around this crazy schedule I am able to approach it in an entirely different way. And I think that is why God presented us with this at this time. Had it been 6 months ago we may not have been equipped to handle it in the way we are now. Right now I can hold onto the truth that God never gives us more than we can handle. I can also choose to see the blessing in this as he also gets a lot of weekends off which he didn't have before. Most of all I am able to see that it could be so much worse. He could work ALL nights or I could be a wife with a husband in the military who is gone for long stretches of time in dangerous situations. I could be a mom with no husband and no help. When I look at it that way I know I can feel nothing but greatful. That doesn't mean it won't be hard to fall asleep without him tonight or it won't be hard to get the kids ready for bed alone tomorrow night, but it means that it won't be enough to bring me down!


Relevant verses:
*It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
*Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
*Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:6-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you...so don't be shy, feel free to share what's on your heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...